CS/HB 1123: Fee and Surcharge Reductions
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means Committee ; Drake ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Daniels ; Gruters
Fee and Surcharge Reductions; Deletes fees for commission of elected officer by Governor, claim for refund of tax on motor fuel, registration of certain dealers/businesses, & addition of word "Veteran" to ID card/driver license; exempts surviving spouse from fee to transfer motor vehicle title; exempts veterans from fee for original commercial driver license; exempts certain persons from fee for identification card; revises provisions re: imposition & amount of delinquency fee for licensees regulated by DBPR; reduces fees for licensure to operate driver school; reduces surcharge assessed by DBPR on Florida Building Code permit fees.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Transportation, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 741 (Ch. 2017-29), HB 7109 (Ch. 2017-36)
Bill Text: PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Ways and Means Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 120
• Introduced -HJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 04/05/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 597
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Ways and Means Committee read 1st time -HJ 596
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/18/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 720
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 720
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 828
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 869
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 869
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 492
• Received -SJ 492
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Transportation, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 741 (Ch. 2017-29), HB 7109 (Ch. 2017-36)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.