HJR 1129: Selection and Duties of County Officers
JOINT RESOLUTION by Drake
Selection and Duties of County Officers; Removes authority for county charter to provide for choosing certain county officers other than election; prohibits special law to provide for choosing supervisor of elections other than by election; authorizes abolition of any county office & transfer of duties only by approval of county voters; & removes authority for county charter to transfer certain duties of clerk of circuit court. Amendment takes effect January 5, 2021, if approved.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 120
• Introduced -HJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 12:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -HJ 423
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 423
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.