CS/CS/HB 1175: Motor Vehicle Manufacturers and Dealers
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Diaz, M.
Motor Vehicle Manufacturers and Dealers; Provides that motor vehicle dealer who constructs/alters sales/service facilities in reliance upon program/incentive offered by applicant/licensee is in compliance with certain requirements for specified period; specifies eligibility for benefits under revised/new program/incentive; authorizes denial, suspension, or revocation of license of applicant/licensee who establishes certain performance measurement criteria having material/adverse effect on dealers; requires applicant, licensee, or common entity, or affiliate thereof, under certain circumstances & upon request of dealer, to describe in writing how criteria were designed, calculated, established, & uniformly applied.
Last Action: 4/26/2017 Senate - Received -SJ 493
Location: In committee/council (TR)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 124
• Introduced -HJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 6 -HJ 521
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 517
• Original reference(s) removed: Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 528
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 528
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 3 -HJ 787
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 780
• Read 2nd time -HJ 817, 818
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 855
• CS passed; YEAS 104 NAYS 12 -HJ 855
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 493
• Received -SJ 493
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.