CS/HB 193: Towing and Storage Fees
GENERAL BILL by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Cortes, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Daniels ; Ingoglia
Towing and Storage Fees; Prohibits counties & municipalities from enacting ordinances or rules that impose fee or charge on wrecker operators or vehicle storage companies when providing certain services; prohibits counties & municipalities from imposing certain charges on registered owners or lienholders of vehicles; provides exceptions.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 02/08/17, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 270
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee -HJ 268
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 02/22/17, 1:15 pm, 116 Knott Building
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 272
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 268
• Introduced -HJ 43
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 260
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 03/29/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 3 -HJ 492
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 492
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1012
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1045
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 7 -HJ 1045, 1046
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 680
• Received -SJ 680
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.