HB 521: Vote-by-Mail Ballots
GENERAL BILL by Davis
Vote-by-Mail Ballots; Authorizes absent elector to personally deliver his or her vote-by-mail ballot to early voting site during specified hours; requires Division of Elections to adopt rules.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 69
• Introduced -HJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 403
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 03/29/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 492
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 558
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 584
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 584
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 408
• Received -SJ 408
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 715
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 715
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 726 -SJ 715
• Read 2nd time -SJ 715
• Amendment(s) adopted (193534) -SJ 715
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 902
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 902
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.