SB 524: Sales and Use Tax on Investigation and Detective Services
Sales and Use Tax on Investigation and Detective Services; Providing that fingerprint services required for a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm are not subject to the tax, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7109 (Ch. 2017-36)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 74
• Introduced -SJ 74
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 03/21/17, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 234
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 234
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7109 (Ch. 2017-36)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.