HB 7107: Homestead Exemption Implementation
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means Committee ; La Rosa
Homestead Exemption Implementation; Increases homestead exemption from all taxes other than school district taxes; specifies calculation of rolled-back rate for purposes of 2019 tax roll; requires Legislature to appropriate moneys to offset reductions in tax revenues in certain counties as result of specified constitutional amendment.
Last Action: 5/24/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-35, companion bill(s) passed, see HJR 7105 (Passed)
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 586
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 746
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 818
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 858
• Passed; YEAS 84 NAYS 30 -HJ 858
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 529
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/28/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Received -SJ 529
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Rules (690150); YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 562
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 546
• Amendment(s) adopted (690150) -SJ 546
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 590
• Passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 9 -SJ 590
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (690150) -HJ 1076
• Passed as amended; YEAS 90 NAYS 24 -HJ 1076
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1076
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-35, companion bill(s) passed, see HJR 7105 (Passed)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.