The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 77: Sports Franchise Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Avila ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eagle ; Stone
Sports Franchise Facilities; Prohibits sports franchise from constructing, reconstructing, renovating, or improving facility on leased public land; requires sale of public land for sports franchise facility be at fair market value; provides requirements for contract to fund construction, reconstruction, renovation, or improvement of facility; specifies act does not impair contracts entered into before July 1, 2017.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Commerce and Tourism
Bill Text: PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Government Accountability Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 36
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/21/17, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 5 -HJ 277
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 268
• Introduced -HJ 36
• CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/15/17, 2:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 8 -HJ 390
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 390
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 476
• Amendment(s) failed (432903) -HJ 476
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 503
• CS passed; YEAS 82 NAYS 33 -HJ 503
• In Messages
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 307
• Received -SJ 307
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce and Tourism
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.