SB 78: Public School Recess
GENERAL BILL by Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes ; Rodriguez ; Stewart ; Steube ; Farmer ; Bracy ; Garcia ; Mayfield ; Latvala ; Book ; Grimsley ; Passidomo ; Benacquisto ; Torres ; Bean ; Campbell ; Rouson ; Young ; Stargel ; Braynon ; Perry
Public School Recess; Requiring each district school board to provide students in certain grades with a minimum number of minutes of free-play recess per week and with a minimum number of consecutive minutes of free-play recess per day, etc.
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/21/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 147
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 03/08/17, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 43
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 168
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 168
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/16/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 233
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/30/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 277
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 286
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 286
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.