CS/SB 18: Relief of C.M.H. by the Department of Children and Families
CLAIM/GENERAL by Appropriations ; Braynon
Relief of C.M.H. by the Department of Children and Families; Providing for the relief of C.M.H.; providing an appropriation to compensate C.M.H. for injuries and damages sustained as a result of the negligence of the Department of Children and Families, formerly known as the Department of Children and Family Services; requiring certain funds to be placed into an irrevocable trust, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $2,639,043.00
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 6509 -SJ 875
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 11
• Introduced -SJ 11
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 204
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/21/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 384
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 436
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 436
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 436
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• Read 2nd time -SJ 875
• Amendment(s) adopted (459110) -SJ 911
• Substituted CS/HB 6509 -SJ 875
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 6509 -SJ 875
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.