HB 281: Incarcerated Parents
GENERAL BILL by Williams ; Daniels ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Gonzalez ; Harrell ; Jenne ; Killebrew
Incarcerated Parents; Requires DCF to include parents who are incarcerated in development of case plans for their children; specifies respective responsibilities of department, correctional facilities, & incarcerated parents; provides conditions for amending case plan.
Last Action: 3/14/2018 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 1:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 253
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 253
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/09/18, 4:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 28
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 311
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 311
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 01/18/18, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 369
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 457
• Amendment(s) adopted (791755) -HJ 457
• Read 3rd time -HJ 457
• Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 457
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 343
• Received -SJ 343
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 686
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 686
• Substituted for CS/SB 522 -SJ 686
• Read 2nd time -SJ 686
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 767
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 767, 768
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1020
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.