CS/HB 619: Renaming of Florida College System Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee ; Nunez ; Raschein
Renaming of Florida College System Institutions; Changes name of "Florida Keys Community College" to "The College of the Florida Keys"; changes name of "North Florida Community College" to "North Florida College."
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 259
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 250
• Introduced -HJ 55
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/18/18, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 364
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 449
• Read 3rd time -HJ 449
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 449
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 345
• Received -SJ 345
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.