HB 653: Pub. Rec./Photographs or Video or Audio Recordings that Depict or Record Killing of a Victim of a School Shooting or Victim of a Mass Shooting
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Brown ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jacobs ; Pritchett ; Willhite
Pub. Rec./Photographs or Video or Audio Recordings that Depict or Record Killing of a Victim of a School Shooting or Victim of a Mass Shooting; Expanding an exemption from public records requirements for a photograph or video or audio recording held by an agency that depicts or records the killing of a law enforcement officer to include a photograph or video or audio recording held by an agency that depicts or records the killing of a victim of a school shooting or the killing of a victim of a mass shooting; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 57
• Introduced -HJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 410
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/29/18, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 472
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 472
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 780
• Amendment(s) adopted (413703) -HJ 781, 782
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 846
• Passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 0 -HJ 847
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.