CS/HB 669: Beverage Law
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Perez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beshears
Beverage Law; Authorizes possession & transport of cider growlers; repeals provisions relating to limitations on size of individual wine containers; authorizes packaging, filling, refilling, or sale of cider in growlers of specified sizes; provides labeling & packaging requirements for cider growlers; restricts use of cider growlers; provides criminal & civil penalties & license revocation or suspension for certain persons or licensees who violate provisions regulating cider growlers; revises provisions authorizing restaurant to allow patron to remove certain containers from restaurant for off-premises consumption.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 60
• Introduced -HJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 473
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 473
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 669
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 664
• Read 2nd time -HJ 716
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 753
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 2 -HJ 753
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 761
• Received -SJ 761
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 1012
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1012
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 296 -SJ 1012
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1012
• Amendment(s) adopted (267770) -SJ 1012
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1013
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 1013
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (117545, 301937) -HJ 1188, 1190
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended -HJ 1190
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 9 -HJ 1190
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.