HJR 989: Repeal of Public Campaign Financing Requirement
JOINT RESOLUTION by White
Repeal of Public Campaign Financing Requirement; Proposes repeal of s. 7, Art. VI of State Constitution to eliminate requirement for public financing of campaigns of candidates for elective statewide office who agree to campaign spending limits.
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 86
• Introduced -HJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/24/18, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 5 -HJ 433
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 433
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.