The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 990: Rural Communities
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Montford ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gibson
Rural Communities; Designating the “Florida Rural Community Jobs and Business Resiliency Act”; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to accept an application seeking approval as a rural growth fund; prohibiting the department from reducing the investment authority of an application or denying an application for reasons other than the ones listed; providing that a taxpayer who makes an investor contribution is vested with a credit against state premium tax liability; specifying that an out-of-state business relocating employees to this state must satisfy a specific definition within a certain timeframe before a new principal place of business operations is recognized, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 76
• Introduced -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/16/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 205
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 210
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.