CS/HB 1153: Pretrial Release in Cases Involving Minor Victims
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; La Rosa
Pretrial Release in Cases Involving Minor Victims; Requires, as condition of pretrial release for defendant charged with sexual offense involving minor victim, that defendant have no contact with minor; defines "no contact"; permits court to modify such condition; specifies that victim is entitled to notice & right to be heard if defendant seeks modification of such order.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Criminal Justice
Bill Text: PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 102
• Introduced -HJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/16/18, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 351
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 349
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 362
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/25/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 441
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 441
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 581
• Read 3rd time -HJ 581
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 396
• Received -SJ 396
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Criminal Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.