CS/SB 1206: State Inmates
State Inmates; Authorizing the Department of Corrections to extend the limits of confinement to allow an inmate that may not otherwise qualify for work release to be released on electronic monitoring; requiring the department to administer a risk assessment tool to determine an inmate’s appropriateness for release on electronic monitoring; authorizing a law enforcement or a probation officer to arrest such an inmate without warrant in accordance with specified authority, etc.
Last Action: 1/23/2018 Senate - CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 212
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 89
• Introduced -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/16/18, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 205
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 212
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.