CS/CS/SB 1254: Early Learning
Early Learning; Revising the duties of the Office of Early Learning; providing that failing to meet certain measures for a specified period is cause for termination of a provider; revising the required contents of the school readiness program plan each early learning coalition must submit; revising the priority criteria for participation in the school readiness program; revising school readiness provider requirements for program participation, etc. APPROPRIATION: $6,000,000.00
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 1091 -SJ 842
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 145
• Introduced -SJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 245
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/06/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 295
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 723
• Read 2nd time -SJ 841
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1091 -SJ 842
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 1091 -SJ 842
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.