CS/CS/SB 1314: Florida Capital Formation Act
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Brandes
Florida Capital Formation Act; Deleting the requirement that the Department of Economic Opportunity manage certain activities related to the commercialization of specified products, services, and ideas; redesignating the Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research as the Institute for Commercialization of Florida Technology; requiring that certain proceeds be returned to the Florida Technology Seed Capital Fund after the payment of certain costs and fees, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1285 (Ch. 2018-139)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 152
• Introduced -SJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/06/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 304
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/21/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 385
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 723
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 913
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1017
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1018
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1285 (Ch. 2018-139)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.