CS/CS/HB 1423: Tohopekaliga Water Authority, Osceola County
LOCAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; La Rosa
Tohopekaliga Water Authority, Osceola County; Provides for Polk County Board of County Commissioners to appoint one member of board under interlocal agreement; provides for fifth member of the board to be appointed under certain circumstance; provides for additional members of board & term limits; requires board members to elect chairperson; removes compensation & reimbursement for board members; provides additional powers of authority; revises authority power to increase rates & acquire water or wastewater facilities or systems; requires board to adopt or update master plan every 4 years.
Last Action: 2/22/2018 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 122
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/24/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 434
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 431
• Now in Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee -HJ 440
• On Committee agenda-- Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 477
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 477
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/08/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 559
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 558
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.