CS/CS/SB 1646: Regional Rural Development Grants
Regional Rural Development Grants; Providing that regional rural development grants may be used to hire regional economic development organization professional staff; authorizing the use of matching grant funds to provide technical assistance to certain entities; increasing the amount the Department of Economic Opportunity may expend each fiscal year for the program; increasing the maximum percent of total infrastructure project costs for which the department may award a grant; providing that grants for improvements to broadband Internet service and access must be conducted through certain partnerships, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 184
• Introduced -SJ 184
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 246
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/21/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 385
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 --If Received -SJ 435
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Retained on Special Order Calendar --If Received
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Retained on Special Order Calendar for 03/05/18
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 567
• Read 2nd time -SJ 705
• Read 3rd time -SJ 705
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 705, 706
• In Messages -HJ 905
• Received -HJ 1208
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1208
• Amendment(s) adopted (946689) -HJ 1208, 1209
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1209
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 101 NAYS 0 -HJ 1209
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.