CS/HB 585: Tourist Development Tax
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Fine ; Jacquet ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Avila ; Grant, M. ; Killebrew ; Mariano ; Massullo ; Rommel
Tourist Development Tax; Authorizes counties imposing a tourist development tax to use tax revenues for specified purposes; provides criteria.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Community Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee, 01/10/18, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 51
• Favorable by Tourism and Gaming Control Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 312
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 312
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 01/17/18, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -HJ 364
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/01/18, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 6 -HJ 492
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 490
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 531
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 573
• Amendment(s) failed (865275) -HJ 573, 574
• Amendment(s) adopted (246187, 630329) -HJ 574
• Read 3rd time -HJ 574
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 20 -HJ 574
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 396
• Received -SJ 396
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.