HB 6009: Write-In Candidates
GENERAL BILL by Geller ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Davis ; Jenne
Write-In Candidates; Repeals provisions relating to write-in candidate residency requirement.
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 233
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 10/11/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 251
• Introduced -HJ 233
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/18/18, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 372
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/31/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 458
• Read 3rd time -HJ 458
• Passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 458
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 345
• Received -SJ 345
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 909
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 909
• Substituted for SB 582 -SJ 909
• Read 2nd time -SJ 909
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1014
• Passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 1014
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1211
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-141
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.