HB 6505: Relief/Vonshelle Brothers/Department of Health
CLAIMS/GENERAL BILL by Jenne
Relief/Vonshelle Brothers/Department of Health; Provides appropriation from DOH to compensate Vonshelle Brothers & daughter Iyonna Hughey for injuries & damages sustained as result of negligence of Brevard County Health Department; provides limitation on payment of compensation, fees, & costs. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,000,000.00
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 237
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 10/25/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 252
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 252
• Introduced -HJ 237
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/13/18, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 594
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 594
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/21/18, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 670
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 670
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 724
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 764
• Passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 4 -HJ 764
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 574
• Received -SJ 573
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 911
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 911
• Substituted for SB 42 -SJ 911
• Read 2nd time -SJ 911
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1014
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 1015
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1211
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-163
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.