The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 7065: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Harrell
Child Welfare; Requires DCF to adopt rules & procedures for exempting household members with disabilities from being fingerprinted before child is placed in home; authorizes court to make certain determinations regarding placement of child with guardian; authorizes department to recover financial assistance provided to nonrelative caregivers under certain circumstances; terminates Relative Caregiver Program on specified date & transfers certain responsibilities to Guardianship Assistance Program; requires department to establish & operate Guardianship Assistance Program to provide guardianship assistance payments to certain guardians beginning on specified date & provides eligibility requirements.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1079 (Ch. 2018-103), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10)
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 464
• Introduced -HJ 464
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 535
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 535
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/15/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 606
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 614
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 782
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 847
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 847
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 778
• Received -SJ 778
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1079 (Ch. 2018-103), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.