SB 1034: Mediation
GENERAL BILL by Steube
Mediation; Requiring that insurance carrier representatives who attend circuit court mediation have specified settlement authority and the ability to immediately consult by specified means with persons having certain additional settlement authority; limiting the information that may be included in the mediator’s report to the court, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/30/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.