SB 1076: Franchises
GENERAL BILL by Steube
Franchises; Designating the “Protect Florida Small Business Act”; prohibiting a franchisor from terminating or not renewing a franchise under certain circumstances; prohibiting a franchisor from denying certain persons the opportunity to participate in the ownership of a franchise for a specified period after the death of the franchisee or the death of a person controlling a majority interest in the franchise; requiring a franchisor and a franchisee to deal with each other in good faith; prohibiting waivers through certain contract provisions that would affect a person’s rights to make a claim, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 81
• Introduced -SJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/30/18, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 242
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 242
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/06/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/13/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.