CS/HB 1187: Guardianship
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Spano
Guardianship; Provides powers & duties of clerk of court relating to guardianships; prohibits certain fees and cost incurred by guardian from being paid or reimbursed by ward's assets; authorizes certain guardians of property to provide confidential information to clerk or to an Office of Public & Professional Guardians investigator; provides duty to maintain confidentiality of certain information.
Last Action: 2/22/2018 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 105
• Introduced -HJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 411
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 411
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 474
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/07/18, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 559
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 557
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.