SB 1402: State Assumption of Federal Section 404 Dredge and Fill Permitting Authority
State Assumption of Federal Section 404 Dredge and Fill Permitting Authority; Defining the term “state assumed waters”; providing the Department of Environmental Protection with the power and authority to adopt rules to assume and implement the section 404 dredge and fill permitting program pursuant to the federal Clean Water Act; requiring the department to adopt rules to create an expedited permit review process, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7043 (Ch. 2018-88) -SJ 837
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources (AEN)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations -SJ 165
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 01/22/18, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 165
• Favorable by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources, 02/14/18, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on the Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 354
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/22/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• Read 2nd time -SJ 837
• Substituted HB 7043 -SJ 837
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7043 (Ch. 2018-88) -SJ 837
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.