CS/SB 266: Covenants and Restrictions
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Passidomo
Covenants and Restrictions; Designating the “Marketable Record Title Act”; revising the notice filing requirements for a person claiming an interest in land and other rights; exempting a specified summary notice and amendment from certain notice content requirements; authorizing the parcel owners of a community not subject to a homeowners’ association to use specified procedures to revive certain covenants or restrictions, subject to certain exceptions and requirements, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 617 (Ch. 2018-55) -SJ 748
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/05/17, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 24
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Rules -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/18, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 565
• Read 2nd time -SJ 747
• Substituted HB 617 -SJ 748
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 617 (Ch. 2018-55) -SJ 748
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.