CS/HB 29: Military and Veterans Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Ponder ; Renner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Ahern ; Altman ; Burgess ; Byrd ; Clemons ; Cortes, B. ; Cruz ; Duran ; Eagle ; Fant ; Fischer ; Gonzalez ; Grant, M. ; Killebrew ; Magar ; McClain ; Mercado ; Metz ; Moskowitz ; Nunez ; Payne ; Peters ; Pigman ; Porter ; Roth ; Silvers ; Spano ; Watson, C. ; Willhite ; Williamson ; Yarborough
Military and Veterans Affairs; Citing this act as the "Don Hahnfeldt Veteran and Military Family Opportunity Act"; revising licensure eligibility requirements; requiring the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to waive certain fees; authorizing the licensing authority to recognize certain military-issued credentials for purposes of licensure; designating March 25 of each year as "Medal of Honor Day"; requiring the State Board of Education to issue a temporary certificate in educational leadership to certain persons, etc.
Last Action: 2/22/2018 Senate - Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 16
• Referred to Commerce Committee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/24/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Commerce Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 432
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 431
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 01/29/18, 3:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 426
• Favorable by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 472
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 472
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/06/18, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 535
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 535
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 576
• Amendment(s) adopted (795913) -HJ 576, 577
• Read 3rd time -HJ 577
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 577
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.