CS/HB 335: Marriage of Minors
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Nunez ; White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Brown ; Burgess ; Cortes, J. ; Daniels ; Donalds ; Edwards-Walpole ; Fitzenhagen ; Magar ; Mariano ; Metz ; Plasencia ; Rommel ; Stevenson ; Toledo ; Williams
Marriage of Minors; Provides requirements for issuance of marriage license to persons under age of 18 years but at least 16 years of age; revises circumstances in which parental consent is not required; provides that persons under age of 16 years may not be issued marriage license.
Last Action: 2/14/2018 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 140 -HJ 580
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 253
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 253
• Introduced -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/01/18, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 2 -HJ 488
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 491
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 140 -HJ 580
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 140 -HJ 580
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.