CS/SB 4: Higher Education
Higher Education; Citing this act as the "Florida Excellence in Higher Education Act of 2018"; establishing the World Class Faculty and Scholar Program; authorizing state university investments in certain faculty retention, recruitment, and recognition activities; establishing the State University Professional and Graduate Degree Excellence Program; authorizing students to use certain Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program awards for summer term enrollment beginning in specified years; extending coverage of the Benacquisto Scholarship Program to include tuition and fees for qualified nonresident students, etc. APPROPRIATION: $123,513,035.00
Last Action: 1/11/2018 House - In Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; Appropriations -SJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 09/12/17, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 10/09/17, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 101
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education, 11/08/17, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Higher Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 12/06/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 104
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/11/18
• Introduced -SJ 9
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 93
• Read 2nd time -SJ 140
• Amendment(s) adopted (526604, 662816) -SJ 140
• Amendment(s) failed (398480) -SJ 140
• Read 3rd time -SJ 140
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 140
• Immediately certified -SJ 141
• In Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.