HB 405: Linear Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Williamson ; Payne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McClain
Linear Facilities; Revises definition of "development" to exclude certain utility work on rights-of-way or corridors & creation or termination of distribution & transmission corridors; requires DEP to consider certain variance standard for certification of power plants & transmission corridors; specifies PSC authority to locate transmission lines underground.
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 11/15/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 254
• Now in Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee -HJ 254
• On Committee agenda-- Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee, 12/06/17, 2:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Natural Resources and Public Lands Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 256
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 256
• Introduced -HJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/11/18, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 1 -HJ 320
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 320
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 400
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 422
• Passed; YEAS 105 NAYS 2 -HJ 422
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs -SJ 264
• Received -SJ 263
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs -SJ 314
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 314
• Substituted for SB 494 -SJ 314
• Read 2nd time -SJ 314
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 371
• Passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 4 -SJ 371
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 683
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-34
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.