SB 7018: OGSR/Agency Investigations
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Ethics and Elections
OGSR/Agency Investigations; Amending provisions which provides an exemption from public records requirements for complaints of misconduct filed with an agency against an agency employee, and all information obtained pursuant to an agency investigation of such complaints; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7077 (Ch. 2018-117) -SJ 785
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/30/18, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/06/18, 11:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 259
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Now in Rules -SJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• Read 2nd time -SJ 785
• Substituted HB 7077 -SJ 785
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7077 (Ch. 2018-117) -SJ 785
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.