HB 7037: Election Dates for Municipal Office
GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Caldwell
Election Dates for Municipal Office; Requiring the governing body of a municipality to determine the dates on which an initial and runoff election for municipal office are held and providing options therefor; requiring counties that have established certain dates for the election of municipal officers through a special act to conduct municipal elections on specified dates; requiring municipal recall elections to be held concurrently with municipal elections under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 304
• Referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/24/18, 11:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 434
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 568
• Amendment(s) adopted (105739) -HJ 568, 569
• Read 3rd time -HJ 569
• Passed as amended; YEAS 70 NAYS 45 -HJ 569
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 382
• Received -SJ 382
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 910
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 910
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1262 -SJ 910
• Read 2nd time -SJ 910
• Amendment(s) adopted (281426, 976690) -SJ 901
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.