The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
SB 910: Local Business Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Garcia
Local Business Taxes; Providing an exemption from business taxes and fees for certain veterans, spouses and unremarried surviving spouses of such veterans, spouses of certain active duty military servicemembers, specified low-income individuals, and certain businesses in which a majority interest is owned by exempt individuals, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118), SB 100 (Ch. 2018-80)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 70
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 161
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 161
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7087 (Ch. 2018-118), SB 100 (Ch. 2018-80)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.