CS/HB 49: Incarcerated Women
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Jones ; Mercado ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Alexander ; Aloupis ; Brown ; Bush ; Cortes ; Daniels ; Davis ; Driskell ; DuBose ; Duran ; Eskamani ; Geller ; Goff-Marcil ; Good ; Grieco ; Hart ; Hattersley ; Hogan Johnson ; Jacquet ; Jenne ; Joseph ; Killebrew ; Newton ; Omphroy ; Plakon ; Polo ; Polsky ; Pritchett ; Rodriguez, A.M. ; Smith, C. ; Stark ; Toledo ; Valdes ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C. ; Webb ; Williams
Incarcerated Women; Designates act "Dignity for Incarcerated Women Act"; requires state correctional facilities to provide incarcerated women with certain healthcare products; provides requirements for male correctional employees in certain circumstances; requires documentation of certain incidents involving male correctional employees; requires working group on standards for county & municipal detention facilities to adopt certain model standards for female prisoners.
Last Action: 4/18/2019 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 26
• Introduced -HJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 459
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 457
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 477
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/19, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 566
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 566
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.