CS/SB 548: Electronic Legal Documents
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Brandes
Electronic Legal Documents; Revising provisions relating to use of the office of notary public; authorizing online notarizations; specifying registration and qualification requirements for online notaries public; prescribing online notarization procedures; specifying the manner by which an online notary public must verify the identity of a principal or a witness, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 409 -SJ 653
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 314
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/10/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/19 -SJ 765
• Read 2nd time -SJ 651
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 409 -SJ 653
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 409 -SJ 653
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.