CS/HB 1111: Vehicles for Rent or Lease
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Latvala
Vehicles for Rent or Lease; Requires motor vehicle rental company or peer-to-peer car-sharing program to pay surcharge; authorizes electronic copy of rental or lease documentation to be presented to law enforcement officer or DHSMV agent; provides that act of presenting electronic device does not constitute consent to access other information on device; provides for liability for device damage; revises documentation and recordkeeping requirements; prohibits person from renting motor vehicle to another person unless renter is duly licensed & renter's driver license is unexpired; requires car-sharing service, motor vehicle rental company, or peer-to-peer car-sharing program to enter into agreement with publicly owned airport in order to provide transportation services.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Ways and Means Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 114
• Introduced -HJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 540
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 535
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Ways and Means Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 551
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 551
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Ways and Means Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.