CS/CS/SB 1192: Electronic Prescribing
Electronic Prescribing; Requiring certain health care practitioners to electronically generate and transmit prescriptions for medicinal drugs upon license renewal or by a specified date; revising the definitions of the terms “prescribing decision” and “point of care”; revising the authority for electronic prescribing software to display information regarding a payor’s formulary under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 831 -SJ 681
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 123
• Introduced -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/08/19, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/16/19, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building -SJ 379
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 387
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/19 -SJ 646
• Read 2nd time -SJ 631
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 681
• Substituted CS/HB 831 -SJ 681
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 831 -SJ 681
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.