CS/SB 1252: Public Accountancy
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Gruters
Public Accountancy; Revising the percentage of total hours of accounting-related and auditing-related continuing education required by the Board of Accountancy for license renewal; updating provisions relating to license reactivation; prohibiting a person from performing or offering to perform certain services without a license, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 977 -SJ 790
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 127
• Introduced -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 03/19/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 255
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/01/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 284
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 316
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/19
• Read 2nd time -SJ 790
• Substituted CS/HB 977 -SJ 790
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 977 -SJ 790
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.