CS/CS/HB 409: Electronic Legal Documents
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Perez ; Grant, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McClain
Electronic Legal Documents; Authorizes online notarizations; specifies requirements & standards for performance of such online notarizations; requires DOS to adopt rules by specified date.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall -- Temporarily postponed
• Introduced -HJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -HJ 441
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 437
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 445
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 498
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 498
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/19, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 744
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 737
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 757
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 769
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 799
• CS passed; YEAS 87 NAYS 28 -HJ 799
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 501
• Received -SJ 500
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 652
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 548 -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 652
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 849
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 849, 850
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1157
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-71
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.