CS/CS/HB 899: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Tomkow
Child Welfare; Provides factors court must consider when determining whether child should remain in his or her current placement or be placed in out-of-home care; provides requirements for case plans & permanency determinations; requires disclosure & determination of ineffective communication by parents & caregivers; provides for agency & caregiver recommendations for change in visitation; provides factors court must consider when determining whether child should be returned to custody of his or her parents; authorizes lead agency to provide more than 35 percent of all child welfare services under certain conditions.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 442
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 440
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 445
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/02/19, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 567
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 567
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/16/19, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 745
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 738
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 757
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 807
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 855
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 856
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 505
• Received -SJ 505
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.