CS/HB 935: Price Transparency in Contracts
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Rodriguez, A. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caruso
Price Transparency in Contracts; Prohibits insurer limitation on provider disclosures of cash price or availability of more affordable options; prohibits insurer requirements for insured payments in excess of price without insurance.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
• Filed -HJ
• Referred to Health Market Reform Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Health Market Reform Subcommittee, 03/07/19, 9:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Market Reform Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 412
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/21/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 489
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 486
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 496
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 724
• Read 3rd time -HJ 724
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 724
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 464
• Received -SJ 464
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.