CS/CS/SB 1188: Public Records/Records of Insurers/Department of Financial Services
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Albritton
Public Records/Records of Insurers/Department of Financial Services; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for consumer personal financial and health information, certain underwriting files, insurer personnel and payroll records, consumer claim files, certain reports and documents relating to insurer own-risk and solvency assessments and corporate governance annual disclosures, and certain information received from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners or governments, in records made or received by the Department of Financial Services acting as receiver as to an insurer; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 1409 -SJ 548
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/15/20, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 86
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/03/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 230
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 232
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Read 2nd time -SJ 548
• Substituted CS/HB 1409 -SJ 548
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 1409 -SJ 548
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.