CS/HB 211: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Fernandez-Barquin ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grieco
Courts; Specifies certain exemptions from court-related fees & charges apply to certain entities; requires court to waive court costs or filing fees for certain proceedings involving public guardians; authorizes physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse to perform certain examinations & prepare certain reports.
Last Action: 1/24/2020 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/14/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 22
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 278
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 391
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.