CS/HB 989: Broward County
LOCAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Jacobs
Broward County; Provides for transfer of certain county-related functions and duties, including ex officio clerk of board of county commissioners, county recorder, auditor, and custodian of county funds to county government; provides County Auditor maintain power & authority as prescribed in Charter; provides for interlocal agreement to transfer recorder functions & duties; provides for referendum.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Local Administration Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Local Administration Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 85
• Favorable by Local Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/23/20, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 434
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 432
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 438
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 650
• Read 3rd time -HJ 650
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 650
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 366
• Received -SJ 366
• Placed on Local Calendar, 03/11/20 -SJ 724
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 663
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Read 2nd time -SJ 667
• Read 3rd time -SJ 667
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 667
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.