- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2004 Florida Statutes
Administration of utility; rate fixing and collection of charges.
180.13 Administration of utility; rate fixing and collection of charges.--
(1) The city council, or other legislative body of the municipality, by whatever name known, may create a separate board or may designate certain officers of said municipality to have the supervision and control of the operation of the works constructed under the authority of this chapter, which said board or designated officers may make all necessary rules or regulations governing the use, control and operation of said works; subject, however, to the approval of the city council, or other legislative body, by whatever name known.
(2) The city council, or other legislative body of the municipality, by whatever name known, may establish just and equitable rates or charges to be paid to the municipality for the use of the utility by each person, firm or corporation whose premises are served thereby; and provided further, that if the charges so fixed are not paid when due, such sums may be recovered by the said municipality by suit in a court having jurisdiction of said cause or by discontinuance of service of such utility until delinquent charges for services thereof are paid, including charge covering any reasonable expense for reconnecting such service after such delinquencies are paid, or any other lawful method of enforcement of the payment of such delinquencies.
History.--s. 7, ch. 17118, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 3100(12).